I spent 17 years working for other people and while I almost always loved the work I did, the bad days were caused by one of two things.
Time. And people. On really tough days it was both.
I knew there had to be a better way, and there is. For the last 17 years my job has been helping executives, business owners and professionals fix time and people challenges. My expertise is in helping you use time to your best advantage and manage on-the-job relationships.
Is This You?
As an Executive Coach and Confidant, comments I hear every day include…
- I’m overscheduled.
- I butt heads with (insert name here) but we have to collaborate.
- I spend more time putting out fires than planning.
- Interruptions are constant.
- There are so many demands on my time – prioritizing is nearly impossible.
- I just don’t understand what (insert name here) is thinking.
- I’m afraid something important will fall through the cracks.
- I’m exhausted thinking about what I need to get done.
- How can I get (insert name here) to stop…?
- How can I get (insert name here) to start…?
- I just want everyone to get along so they can do their jobs.
- I need to delegate more but frankly it’s easier to do it myself.
- I love my job but I value my personal/family life, too.
- I need to carve out time to focus on my fitness and health.
- I wish I were a more effective communicator.
- I have a long range plan but I don’t feel like I’m making enough progress toward it.
Of course, these are not the comments of just one person — though they could be! You may only have time challenges or only on-the-job relationship challenges — so we focus on just what you need.
Let Science Catapult Your Understanding of Yourself
I’m certified in several assessments that help you understand your own behavior, learn what driving forces impact you, know how skilled you are for 25 different competencies and determine your level of emotional intelligence. These scientifically valid assessments are a rocket ship to understanding what’s going on with you. How clearly they capture the real you is exciting and extremely helpful. You’ll love knowing more about yourself.
A Word About Company Culture – Especially If You Hate Yours
The culture of an organization makes a huge difference. If the culture at your company isn’t ideal for you but you’re not leaving, you need to figure out how to successfully navigate it. To not do so is misery. And as they say, life is too short. I share solutions for navigating very challenging situations. You can stay where you are and stay sane, too.
If you’ve gotten this far and wonder what to do next, take this step.